Tuesday 10 June 2008

Anna Lewis










"Memory, memorial, superstitions, amulets and shrines are interconnecting themes which inspire and inform my work be it jewellery or large-scale installation. I now realise I am striving to discover the symbolic significance of objects in peoples lives whether they be personal, religious, cultural or universal. Stemming from a fascination with recording my own personal history I am interested in the relationship people have with certain objects and how they influence behaviour and belief through their material meanings.

I choose to interpret these influences both symbolically and visually in my work. Using themes and imagery from my own collection of family heirlooms I combine materials like feathers, leather, wood and silver which are printed with delicate traces of memory."

source.

No comments: